Due to Covid-19, Thanksgiving and other holidays won’t be the same as in previous years. Most of us won’t be able to see our family or friends. Instead, we have to celebrate with the same people that we were stuck with all quarantine. Things might get boring, but if you want to try something different, and you enjoy baking, here is a recipe you could make this Thanksgiving that will most likely satisfy your family! Here is Autumn’s biscotti recipe:
- 1 package of devils food cake mix or vanilla cake mix (your choice)
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Nuts of your choice (not necessary)
- Chocolate chips (melted, not necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your cake mix, flour, melted butter, eggs, baking powder, and nuts until well combined in a stand or electric mixer.
- Take your finished dough and transfer it to a parchment paper baking sheet. Spread the dough until it is in a rectangular shape and ½ inch thick.
- Bake the dough in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with no dough stuck to it.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscotti cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a bread knife to slice the baked dough into rectangular shapes diagonally into 1 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices back onto the baking sheet and then bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes are over, turn the oven off and let the biscotti’s remain in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are crisp.
- Transfer them onto a wire baking rack to cool completely before decorating.
- (Optional): Take melted chocolate chips and dip one side of the biscotti into the mixture. Once completed, put them back onto the baking rack and allow the chocolate to harden.